On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 1:22 PM Andy Kosela wrote: > On Thursday, February 7, 2019, Grant Taylor via TUHS > wrote: > >> Seeing as how this is diverging from TUHS, I'd encourage replies to the >> COFF copy that I'm CCing. >> >> On 02/06/2019 01:47 PM, Kevin Bowling wrote: >> >>> There were protocols that fit better in the era like DeltaT with a >>> simpler state machine and connection handling. Then there was a mad dash >>> of protocol development in the mid to late ‘80s that were measured by >>> various metrics to outperform TCP in practical and theoretical space. Some >>> of these seemed quite nice like XTP and are still in use in niche defense >>> applications. >>> >> >> $ReadingList++ > > > XTP was/is indeed very interesting. It was adopted by US Navy for SAFENET > and created by Greg Chesson who was active in the early UNIX community. > Not sure if we have him here on this list though. > Sadly, Greg Chesson passed away a couple of years ago after battling cancer for some time. - Dan C.