On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 5:14 PM Theodore Ts'o wrote: > On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 01:39:54PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote: > > Whoever was running Usenix contacted me after seeing the success of > > Linux Expo and begged me to bring those people to Usenix. I was offered > > a board seat, I could be reviewer for life, anything I wanted. > > > > All I asked for was blind reviews. Didn't ask anything for myself, just > > blind reviews so you could be a nobody and get judged on the quaility of > > your work rather than your name. > > FAST reviews are blind. ATC conferences are (as of the last time I > was on an ATC PC a year or two ago) are still not blinded. > Ok, I'll bite: why not? That seems like a no-brainer way to weed out a lot of bias. - Dan C.