I wonder if they would consider doing it now. Oracle, I mean; the Solaris code was opened up and an argument could be made that SunOS would be useful for historical examination. On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:41 AM Larry McVoy wrote: > Sun never open sourced it. > > On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 11:29:15PM -0600, arnold@skeeve.com wrote: > > Changed the subject line. > > > > Larry McVoy wrote: > > > > > So I'd go with MacOS is not a fun kernel. It's pretty close to BSD > > > and I recently wandered through that VM system and I was not impressed. > > > I wish like hell that Sun had fed their VM back to BSD. Yeah, it > wasn't > > > multi processor friendly but someone would have fixed that. > > > > > > The penguin stuff, it's OK. Not as clean as SunOS by a long shot. > > > > So, is the SunOS code available in a way that would let people hack > > on it? They had ported it to 386 (roadrunner?), so maybe it'd be > > possible to revive it and bring it into the 21st century. > > > > Just a thought, > > > > Arnold > > -- > --- > Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com > http://www.mcvoy.com/lm >