On Thu, Nov 21, 2019, 12:34 PM Charles H Sauer wrote: > > > On 11/21/2019 7:07 AM, Brad Spencer wrote: > > > ... I remember it being > > pretty stock 4.3BSD with NFS and minus YP/NIS. > > I'm puzzled about the "minus YP/NIS". I negotiated the IBM NFS license > on behalf of AIX, but was inclusive of the rest of the company, so I > think ACIS put NFS into AOS under the auspices of that license. I > remember discussing with the Palo Alto ACIS folks at the time. > > I only had AOS at home, without Ethernet, so wouldn't have tried to use > NFS or YP. But I would have thought that ACIS would have included YP. > AOS definitely had NIS/YP. I remember it quite distinctly. - Dan C.