The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Dan Cross <crossd@gmail.com>
To: TUHS <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: NetBSD turns 30
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 14:27:22 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 1:57 PM Andy Kosela <akosela@andykosela.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 21, 2023, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know what Chris Demetriou is doing these days? It appears like he is not that much active in the open source community anymore.

He was at Google at least a couple of years ago, when I left. I can't
recall what he was working on; something to do with infrastructure.

> Basically it was him, Theo and Charles Hannum that started NetBSD.
>
> It was a great era. The community at large was definitely much more enthusiastic and idealistic and computers were much more fun to play with -- talking about early 386 PCs and Amigas.
>
> NetBSD, FreeBSD and Linux -- all three great projects that still impact modern computing environments!

In many ways, it was more exciting back then.  In many ways, it's more
exciting now. Computers are pervasive and so much more powerful these
days, but on the other hand, it's so much harder to get things done.

        - Dan C.