The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: crossd@gmail.com (Dan Cross)
Subject: [TUHS] networking on unix before uucp
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:20:14 -0400	[thread overview]

(And upon slightly closer inspection of the RFC's header, it appears that
it was *written* in March of 1975, though Postel didn't post it until May
of that year.  That certainly predates the V6 release by a few months, so
it seems probable that they were, in fact, running either V5 [possibly with
patches] or a pre-release of V6.)