His example of the USB driver was pretty silly. The unix code even *looked* cleaner and straightforward compared to the convoluted windows/mac messes, but he's mad because he had to figure out a *filepath*. What!? Tyler On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:37 PM Vincenzo Nicosia wrote: > On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 11:27:39AM -0800, Rich Morin wrote: > > FWIW, I found this talk to be quite amusing and interesting. > > > > "What UNIX Cost Us" - Benno Rice (LCA 2020) > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-IWMbJXoLM > > > > ...which is along the same lines of the talk the same guy gave about > systemd and why everybody should like it. The message is simple: we > just want to run our shiny MacBooks and we don't understand Unix > anyway, so we'd better get rid of it and move on. > > A flawed analysis that obviously leads to flawed conclusions. > >