On Sat, Nov 2, 2019, 2:44 AM William Corcoran wrote: > My comments were not directed to A. P. Garcia. > > I regret my error. > > Bill Corcoran > > > > On Nov 2, 2019, at 2:36 AM, William Corcoran wrote: > > Whoa! Let’s rethink the defamatory ad hominem remarks here. We were all > kids once. Moreover, my examination of this subject showed that some of > our greatest computer scientists, at the time, went to bat for young > Morris. Moreover, calling RTM a nasty name like that is a shoe that simply > doesn’t fit. My goodness RTM is a professor at MIT. It’s inarguable that > the Morris Worm helped his career far more than it hurt it. Plus, indeed, > there was a genuine re-Morris from RTM. > > Bill Corcoran > > No worries. It's worth mentioning on a Unix mailing list that RTM coauthored xv6, an x86 reimplementation of the v6 kernel. It sort of carries the torch of the Lions book by teaching future generations about the internals of operating systems and the Unix way. And that is a beautiful thing. >