On Sat, Apr 18, 2020, 12:58 PM Pierre DAVID wrote: > There is a widespred anecdote that "Plan 9" name comes from the > movie "Plan 9 From Outer Space". > > Since I didn't find anything more than a reference to this > anecdote (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Bell_Labs > for example), I forced myself to watch the movie until the end > (what a pain!). > > Guess what? I couldn't find the link between the film and the > beloved OS. > > I'm sure there are people here who know more. Thanks in advance > for sharing your knowledge with us. > > Pierre > Someone posted some pictures of the office area at Murray Hill to this list. I seem to recall A plan 9 from outer space poster hanging. >