On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 3:21 PM Jon Steinhart wrote: > opinion, it doesn't add value to do something that's already been done > but differently; it detracts from value because now there's yet another > competing way to do something. > You mean like not using getopt and rolling your own? Shrug. while ((i = getopt(argc, argv, "xxxxx:xxxx")) != -1) switch (i) { case .... } argc -= optind; argv += optind; So I never got getopt(). One of my rules is that I don't use a library > in cases where the number of lines of gunk that that it takes to use a > library function is >= the number of lines to just write it myself. I don't know, what lines in the above are extra beyond what you write? The last two if being generous I suppose.