On Thu., Aug. 13, 2020, 4:11 p.m. Rich, wrote: > > On Aug 13, 2020, at 12:18, Adam Thornton wrote: > > > > Early AIX is what happens when you give a detailed description of Unix > to mainframers who've never seen Unix, and then tell them to implement that > system, and then ship it, without at any point letting someone who's used > an actual Unix system touch it. > > My favorite characterization of AIX came from Barry Shein: "It will remind > you of Unix." My favorite was from David Megginson, whose observation was that "you don't run AIX, you chase it"