On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 at 11:11, Lawrence Stewart wrote: > I have a copy of the sources for Dave Conroy’s microemacs, if there’s any > interest. > It is certainly the smallest one I know about. > > I suppose it was quite late to the emacs party, dating from 1989 or so. > The sources include support for Ultrix and various mini and micro systems, > plus a few terminal types. > > There's some pretty decent discussion of forks of this here... https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MicroEmacs Perhaps also see... http://texteditors.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MicroEmacs I see the torvalds "fork"; it looks like it gets a patch every year or so. https://github.com/torvalds/uemacs By the way, JOVE is still maintained, albeit not super actively. http://www.cs.toronto.edu/pub/hugh/jove-dev/ > I used to use to use it on small and partially installed systems for > editing config files. This role seems to be taken by nano in the modern > day. > > I asked him once how to change the key bindings and Dave said “You use the > Change Configuration command.” “On Unix it is abbreviated as cc.” Love it!!! I liked that about the configuration of wmx (a window manger), although less enthralled at the "change configuration command" being "g++" -- When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"