It seems to me today's 2GHz processors should be able to emulate a 3B (*3B or not 3B, that is the question*) at a performance that far exceeds an actual 3B. Is the instruction set definition and architecture of a 3B available anywhere? Just wondering. I did such emulations for 68K machines and Cray machines. Ed Bradford ex-BTL, ex Silcon Valley, and ex IBM retiree. On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 2:00 AM wrote: > emanuel stiebler wrote: > > > On 2021-01-29 05:49, Arnold Robbins wrote: > > > Hello All. > > > > > > I have made a pre-installed disk image available with a fair amount > > > of software, see https://www.skeeve.com/3b1/. > > > > Thanks for doing & making the disk images, was an easy start! > > You're welcome. It's a fun side project. I think I finally get the > enjoyment of retrocomputing with emulated versions of systems one > used in one's youth. :-) > > > Do you remember, ho to set up the system to have four disk drives? > > > > Cheers & thanks again! > > I don't think it can support more than 2 drives. Certainly the emulator > cannot. I don't know about real hardware. > > You can split a big drive into partitions when formatting with the > diagnostics disk, but I don't think that's what you're asking. > > Sorry, > > Arnold > -- Advice is judged by results, not by intentions. Cicero