The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] qemu and virtualbox
@ 2012-01-06 10:42 Andrzej Popielewicz
From: Andrzej Popielewicz @ 2012-01-06 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
For those who want to refresh old memories.
Hans Bezemer has made big progress as far as performance of qemu is
concerned. His specific experience concerns Coherent, but other old
unixes could use it.
Details can be found in comp.os.coherent news group

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.coherent/topics

The older tuhs message can be mentioned :

http://minnie.tuhs.org/pipermail/tuhs/2008-July/001815.html

I have also noticed , that Coherent boots well  and is very fast in
newest virtualbox 4.1.8, running in XP.
Dell Optiplex 755 was used  with Core 2 Duo.
Details can be found in  forums for "Other quests"

http://www.virtualbox.org

It suggests , that other old Unixes could benefit in new virtualbox.

Regards
Andrzej

* [TUHS] qemu and virtualbox
@ 2012-01-06 15:05 ` Michael Kerpan
From: Michael Kerpan @ 2012-01-06 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Very cool to see. I know that Xenix has recently started working on
QEMU as well, so it would seem that there were some major improvements
to legacy support recently.

Mike