My favorite vi reference for ages is Maarten Litmaath's, available here: https://www.ungerhu.com/jxh/vi.html Contributors to that include Rich Salz and Diomidis Spinellis. On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 8:33 AM Clem Cole wrote: > > > On Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 12:32 AM Will Senn wrote: > >> Do y'all happen to know of where I might find the golden quick ref card >> for vi from back in the 4.4bsd days or did it even really exist? >> > Matt Day pointed you to the source, but in a small but slightly assuming > addition. Your comment made me check my archives. Indeed, while the version > on imgur.com is not golden, it is close. The copies I have are printed on "sunflower > yellow" card stock. > > By the way, there was a firm called "Specialized Systems Consultants" of > Seattle, Washington, that in the early 80s had a business printing and > selling pocket reference cards and other SW and Services. They had a pretty > good vi reference, which is ISBN 0-916151-19-0. It was printed on white > card stock with black and blue letters for highlights and boxes around some > of the text. > > Also, while looking for the vi cards, I turned up two wonderful artifacts > that I'll try to get scanned and added to TUHS at some point. When you > purchased V7 from AT&T, you got one copy of the printed docs and a small > "purple/red" 9"x3.5" flip-binding reference card that Lorinda Cherry > compiled. Also, when DEC released V7M-11, they printed a small flip-binding > 8"x4" reference called the "programmers guide" [AA-X7978-1C]—which is > similar but different. > >> ᐧ >