I will have to take a look around my offline archives and CDs. I had the complete source of KSOS as it existed ca 1988 after certain changes were made at Logicon. I haven't looked at that data in years - it is possible that it may even have the original Ford KDNs (Kernel Design Notes). I'm *pretty* sure I know where it is. If there's any interest I can look for it later this week. Before and during early covid I was using SIMH to build a PWB system to serve as the dev platform for KSOS. I think I had everything EXCEPT the Modula compiler. For the life of me I can't remember which compiler it was. It was GFE as part of the project; it would have been the same compiler used at Ford. --tep On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 8:16 PM segaloco via TUHS wrote: > As promised in the other email, I had one other tidbit worth sharing some > detail on but that is very different from WECo promo and informational > material. What I've got here are two documents pertaining to the > "Department of Defence Kernelized Secure Operating System" project as > undertaken by Ford's Western Development Laboratories Division. > > The documents in question are https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA111577.pdf > and https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA111566.pdf and represent the User's > Manuals and Final Report respectively on this KSOS system. These appear to > be from the same microfiche as the documents linked based on splotches on > the last page's date frame, although the copies I have here have the full > frame, the PDFs linked seem to have the last panel cropped to a small > square in the middle. Not super significant, but sometimes it's the little > details. > > Anywho, unfortunately I don't have much to report, I got a bit excited > while looking for these at first because I was having a hard time turning > up PDFs, thought I had stumbled upon something unseen for some time, but in > the gulf between last email and this I found them. Silver lining is one > less set of documents to scan, but nothing to really expose that isn't > already a click away. > > - Matt G. >