Hi Jon (and others), I was part of the KSOS (later KSOS-11 and KSOS-32) team at LOGICON, which picked up a follow-on contract to use KSOS-11 in a true multi-level-secure production environment. Our target was SYSTEM_LOW as TOP SECRET. Yes, we used that compiler for all the KSOS kernel and all the trusted user-space code. KSOS-11 only ran on PDP-11/70, and it did use split I&D. I have access to the KSOS-11 source code, and have been trying to rebuild that OS, BUT I haven't been able to find that Modula compiler. KSOS-11 was a very small kernel, but there was a set of libraries that presented a UNIX system call interface, so it could run some PWB userspace tools, if they were re-compiled. I'm using the term KSOS-11, as there was a follow-on project (KSOS-32) that ported the original PDP KSOS to 11/780. I wrote a completely new (simpler) scheduler, the bootstrap and memory management layer for that one. And, for "reasons", the entire KSOS project at Logicon was shut down just a week or so after the first user login to KSOS-32. KSOS-11 itself and some multi-level applications did ship to DoD customers, and it ran MLS applications for the Navy and USAFE. --tep ps. Jon was kind enough to remind me that we had corresponded about this in the past -and- to remind me to send to the list, and not just him :-) On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 9:08 AM Jon Forrest wrote: > There was also a Modula2 compiler for the PDP-11 from a university in the > UK, > propably York. It was used to some degree at Ford Aerospace for the > KSOS secure Unix project. I think it required separate I&D. > > Jon >