The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Welcome to new TUHS subscribers
@ 2019-10-09 20:13 Warren Toomey
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Warren Toomey @ 2019-10-09 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

All, we just had about a dozen new subscribers to the TUHS list. Rather than
e-mail you all individually, I thought I'd use the list itself to say
"Welcome!".

The TUHS list generally has a high signal/noise ratio on the history of
Unix, the systems and software, and anecdotes from those who used the
various flavours. Occasionally, we drift a bit off-topic and I'll gently
nudge the conversation back to Unix history.

and you should browse the last couple of months to get a feel for
what we talk about.

Cheers, Warren

* Re: [TUHS] Welcome to new TUHS subscribers
@ 2019-10-10 13:18 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2019-10-10 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs; +Cc: jnc

    > From: Tony Travis

    > It's always puzzled me when everyone talks about [the] PDP11 when, in
    > fact, is says "pdp11" on the system itself:

DEC documentation mostly used uppercase in the text; e.g. the "pdp11
peripherals handbook" (to transcribe the cover exactly) uses "PDP-11"
several times on pg 1-1.

	Noel