Den ons 2 aug. 2023 kl 05:01 skrev Grant Taylor via TUHS : > On 8/1/23 1:55 PM, Niklas Karlsson wrote: > > What you did with that RS/6000 sounds roughly equivalent to booting > > a modern Linux box in single-user mode, where you can also set the > > root password to anything you like. > > I think that's *HIGHLY* dependent on the distribution. Some systems > make it harder than others to get into single user mode. I feel like > "sulogin" comes into play here. > > The thing that I used to do is append "init=/bin/sh" to the GRUB boot > line via the transient editor. Drops you at a shell and bypasses almost > all of the startup scripts. Obviously there are ways to secure against > this. But, again, it depends on the distro. > Sure. Like I said, there are ways and means to avoid this. Not going to argue against that. Niklas