On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 1:54 AM wrote: > Hi. > > I've been using trn for decades to read a very few USENET groups. Until > recently I've > been using aioe.org as my NNTP server but it seems to have gone dark. > Before that > I used eternal-september.org, but when I try that I now get: > > | $ NNTPSERVER=news.eternal-september.org trn > | Connecting to news.eternal-september.org...Done. > | > | Invalid (bogus) newsgroup found: comp.sys.3b1 > | > | Invalid (bogus) newsgroup found: comp.sources.bugs > | > | Invalid (bogus) newsgroup found: comp.misc > | > | Invalid (bogus) newsgroup found: comp.compilers > | .... > > And those all are (or were!) valid groups. If anyone has suggestions for a > good > free NNTP server, please let me know. Privately is fine. I'm at a bit of > a loss otherwise. > I maintain inn and some related ports for FreeBSD. I run a public server at csiph.com and am happy to provide accounts or peering to interested parties. Read access is open. > Thanks, > > Arnold >