The conference looks supremely uninteresting outside one WAFL talk to me. Is there a way to participate without attending Usenix ATC? On Sun, Jun 9, 2019 at 3:33 PM Clem Cole wrote: > Sorry for the long delay on this notice, but until this weekend there were > still a few things to iron out before I made a broad announcement. > > > > First, I want to thank the wonderful folks at the Living Computers Museum > and Labs who are set up to host an event > at their museum for our members on the evening of July 10, which is during > the week of USENIX ATC. To quote an email from their Curator, Aaron > Alcorn: "*an easy-going members events with USENIX attendees as their > special invited guests.*" As Aaron suggested, this event will just be > computer people and computers, which seems fitting and a good match ;-) > > > > Our desire is to have as many of the old and new 'UNIX folks' at this > event as possible and we can share stories of how our community got to > where we are. Please spread the word, since we want to get as many people > coming and sharing as we can. BTW: The Museum is hoping to have their > refurbished PDP-7 running by that date. A couple of us on this list will > be bringing a kit of SW in the hopes that we can boot Unix V0!! > > > > Second, USENIX BOD will provide us a room at ATC all week long to set up > equipment and show off some things our community has done in the past. I > have been in contact with some of you offline and will continue to do so. > There should be some smaller historical systems that people will bring > (plus connections to the LCM's systems via the Internet, of course) and > there will be some RPi's running different emulators. > > > > I do hope that both the event and the computer room should be fun for all. > > > > Thanks, > > Clem Cole > > > > > > > >