On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:02 AM Will Senn wrote: > Today I bit the bullet and dropped my many articles and electronic > documents related to my technical explorations into Zotero. I was tired of > constantly having to remember where the documents were located and I wanted > to be able to curate them better (I tried git for a while, back when, but > I'm not a fan of non-text data in my repos, and it wasn't really much > better than the base file system approach). I've been using Zotero for > years now, for academic works, but not for technical works unrelated to my > research. I realized the man-years of effort to clean up the entries that I > had created in about 30-40 seconds of exciting drag and drop, just about > the time I deleted them from their original locations. I think the work > will pay off in due time, but we'll see. > > Then I thought, surely, I'm not the first person to have had this > problem... it occurred to me that y'all must have faced this very problem, > a few years in, back in the late 70's, early 80's. That is, document > management. What did you do, variously, considering both text and non-text? > > Emacs org-mode comes to mind > Will > > >