Really sobering is the estimate that it will bring 1000 jobs to New Brunswick. That's a small fraction of the capacity of Murray Hill. On the upside is proximity to Rutgers. Contrary to what the article said, Murray Hill does not date from the Labs' foundation in 1925. The Labs was in the meat-packing district on West Street in New York in a building now called Westbeth, said to be the world's largest artist community. The High Line runs right through it. I worked there one summer in the penthouse with a fine view of ship traffic on the Hudson. Murray Hill opened in 1941 and West Street closed in about 1967. > Goodbye, Unix Room! The Unix Room was dismantled some time ago, but its quirky contents were grabbed by the Labs archivist, who had them on display at the Unix50 celebration--pink flamingo, G. R. Emlin, CCW clock and all. I wonder whether these relics will make the move. Doug