Ah, yes. Fred would pick things up at the Keebler Baking factory outlet on his way to work. We called it the "used cookie store". On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 10:31 AM Andrew Hume wrote: > fred was certainly a character. > > perhaps ken or rob might confirm this, but i recall at least one of the > canoe trips demonstrated > the effects of dropping flour sacks onto canoes from a small airplane. (i > was not present on any > of these trips, but heard this from grampp.) > > he was also responsible for occasionally buying bulk bags of barely > digestible cheese crackers > (we called them cheese awfuls) and leaving them in the Unix Room to be > eaten. > > > On Mar 11, 2021, at 7:06 AM, M Douglas McIlroy < > m.douglas.mcilroy@dartmouth.edu> wrote: > > > > In all that's been written about the Research Unix players, > > Fred Grampp has gotten far less coverage than he deserves. > > I hope to rectify that with this post, most of which was > > written soon after his death. > > > >