* [TUHS] systime
@ 2019-08-29 20:56 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2019-08-29 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

wow, systime.

i went for a student placement there but didnt get it - i guess my long hair (then)  didn't fit as the interview seemed good.

i had a mate who was working late on the day the combined uk police and CIA (it was said) arrived to shut them down, and tell them they ARE being taken over by CDC. the crime was selling systime re-badged vaxes to the ussr at the height of the cold war. seem odd now that they thought they could get away with it.

exciting times.

-Steve

* Re: [TUHS] systime
@ 2019-08-30 12:57 jnc
From: jnc @ 2019-08-30 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs; +Cc: jnc

    > From: Steve Simon

    > i went for a student placement there but didnt get it - i guess my long
    > hair (then) didn't fit as the interview seemed good.

Maybe you seemed too honest! :-)

      Noel

* Re: [TUHS] systime
@ 2019-09-02  0:13 ` George Michaelson
From: George Michaelson @ 2019-09-02  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noel Chiappa; +Cc: TUHS main list

Best works canteen *ever* . steak and chips for nothing. Also,
magstripes on the floor for "robot" porters to carry stuff around the
office.

John Bondi ran the research lab. He was the son of Hermann Bondi. He,
and Fred Hoyle promoted the "steady state" theory of the universe.
Nice guy. put up with me, anyway.

-G