The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Rob Pike <robpike@gmail.com>
To: David Arnold <davida@pobox.com>
Cc: tuhs@tuhs.org
Subject: [TUHS] Re: nl section delimiters
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 20:08:33 +1000	[thread overview]

Didn't recognize the command, looked it up. Sigh.

  pr -tn <file>

seems sufficient for me, but then that raises the question of your question.

I've been developing a theory about how the existence of something leads to
things being added to it that you didn't need at all and only thought of
when the original thing was created. Bloat by example, if you will. I
suspect it will not be a popular theory, however accurately it may describe
the technological world.

-rob