Ah cithep, I remember you well! -rob On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 7:46 PM Norman Wilson wrote: > Rob Pike, re the spelling corrector in V8 and later Research > versions of sh: > > > That was done by Tom Duff, I believe before he came to Bell Labs. I might > > have brought the idea with me from Toronto. > > Very likely, since you left it behind at Caltech as well; it was > in sh on cithep (a hostname meaningless to many but rob will remember) > when I arrived in 1980. > > It was in the version of p you left behind there as well. > > I can confirm that spname remained in the shell through V10 > (it's still in my copy), but it seems to have disappeared from p. > > Norman Wilson > Toronto ON >