Oops, 2001 of course, but you knew that from multiple contextual clues. -rob On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 9:48 AM Rob Pike wrote: > There was a delightful conference in Copenhagen celebrating that event, > and I was lucky enough to attend. The slides of my talk live here: > http://herpolhode.com/rob/ugly.pdf > > I flew back the next day, September 10, 2011, and it was a beautiful clear > night with a stunning view of the city. We sat in the last row of the > plane, and had an unobstructed view of the trade towers as we landed near > midnight. We went home, fell asleep, and were woken by a phone call about > 9am. > > -rob > > > On Fri, Sep 9, 2022 at 8:29 AM Dave Horsfall wrote: > >> https://www.timeanddate.com/on-this-day/september/9 >> >> ``Unix time or Unix epoch, POSIX time or Unix timestamp, is a time system >> that measures the number of seconds since midnight UTC of January 1, >> 1970, >> not counting leap seconds. At 01:46:40 UTC on September 9, 2001, Unix >> time >> reached the billionth second timestamp.'' >> >> Hard to believe that it was that long ago... >> >> -- Dave >> >