We just called it the Toronto typesetting software, but I don't know if it ever had a real name. As I wrote, it's on the Toronto distribution tape from the late '70s. -rob On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 10:51 AM Jeremy C. Reed wrote: > On Fri, 10 Mar 2023, Rob Pike wrote: > > > Later that year we, mostly Bill, coupled it to troff, along with some > > digitized fonts, and it went out on the Toronto tapes, with our names on > it. > > For many years I saw evidence in scientific papers of people using Bill's > > digitization of the Bodoni fonts. > > Do you recall the name of this software or project? I tried various > greps in a few of the Usenix archives but cannot tell what it is. > Thanks >