That's great. In the unlikely event I can help in any way, please let me know. -rob On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 5:21 PM Diomidis Spinellis wrote: > It is indeed problematic that the Unix history repository is missing the > Research Editions. At the time I created it, the source code of the > Research Unix Eighth and Ninth Editions wasn't openly available. I'm > now discussing with another member of this list for a pull request to > add them. Incorporating them properly isn't trivial, because various > mappings are needed to establish authorship information and to allow > git-blame to work across snapshots of moved files. > > Diomidis - https://www.spinellis.gr/ > > On 17-Jun-22 2:06, Rob Pike wrote: > > Excited as I was to see this history of Unix code in a single repository: > > > > https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-repo > > > > > > it continues the long-standing tradition of ignoring all the work done > > at Bell Labs after v7. I consider v8 v9 v10 to be worth of attention, > > even influential, but to hear this list talk about it - or discussions > > just about anywhere else - you'd think they never existed. >