Not quite. It was a question I asked him, while Brian Kernighan and I were writing the Unix Programming Environment. His actual response was pithier (as one would expect): "I'd spell creat with an 'e'". -rob On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 2:33 PM Ronald Natalie wrote: > It has been F-Suck since we first got a copy. > > > My favorite UNIX quote was Ken Thompson (I hope I’m getting this right > Ken), when asked if he could do it over again, if he’d change anything. > He said he’d put an “e” on the end of creat. > > I’ve always pronounced it CREE-AT. > > > >