The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Rob Pike <robpike@gmail.com>
To: Dave Horsfall <dave@horsfall.org>
Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Happy birthday, Unix timestamp!
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 09:48:31 +1000	[thread overview]

There was a delightful conference in Copenhagen celebrating that event, and
I was lucky enough to attend. The slides of my talk live here:
http://herpolhode.com/rob/ugly.pdf

I flew back the next day, September 10, 2011, and it was a beautiful clear
night with a stunning view of the city. We sat in the last row of the
plane, and had an unobstructed view of the trade towers as we landed near
midnight. We went home, fell asleep, and were woken by a phone call about
9am.

-rob