Don't forget the Imagen's Where is the paper tray? in a mechanical exasperated intonation. -rob On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 4:08 AM Norman Wilson wrote: > Bill Cheswick: > > >The Unix room text-to-speech device used to announce: > > > >"Ding ding ding. Please add goo. This doesn’t happen very often." > > Since we're all nerds here, I feel compelled to correct this. > > The actual announcement was > > Help! Please add goo! > > The suffix was applied to a different message: > > Please add toner. You won't have to very often. > > `Goo' was some sort of pre-mix that needed frequent topping up. > Hence `you won't have to very often,' to remind you which was which. > > Other messages included > > Please add paper. > Printer check lamp is lit. What do you want to do about it? > Service check lamp is lit. You're in big trouble now! > > All these messages were designed by Tom Killian, who wrote the > local code that controlled the 202. > > Norman Wilson > Toronto ON >