(There were some ™'s in there too.) On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 7:54 AM Rob Pike wrote: > Yes, a related issue came up when dmr rebelled when the lawyers made him > rewrite a phrase when reprinting a paper in the BSTJ. For some reason, he > didn't prefer the rewrite: "PDP-11 computer system UNIX system file system". > > -rob > > > On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 6:12 AM Jon Steinhart wrote: > >> Nelson H. F. Beebe writes: >> > Jon Steinhart writes >> > >> > > I use UNIX instead of Unix as that's what I believe is the correct >> form. >> > >> > Brian Kernighan addresses this issue in section 7.3 of his >> > recent memoir: it has "UNIX A History and a Memoir" on the >> > cover, but prefers "Unix" in the rest of that book, except >> > in the noted section. He also refers back to the 1984 >> > book with Rob Pike, "The UNIX Programming Environment", >> > in which the typography uses small caps for "UNIX". >> >> Yeah, small caps was what I always considered correct. >> >