The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Rob Pike <robpike@gmail.com>
To: Serissa <stewart@serissa.com>
Cc: TUHS main list <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: A fuzzy awk.
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 11:56:30 +1000	[thread overview]

Ron Hardin was doing this to Dennis's C compiler in the 1980s, well before
1998. And I believe Doug McIlroy was generating random regular expressions
to compare different implementations. It's probably impossible to decide
who invented fuzzing, so the credit will surely go to the person who named
it.

-rob