The interactions were great. Research at least was a multidisciplinary utopia, in my experience. People knew what was going on in other departments, talks were open to anyone who wanted to attend, and doors were always open. During my time there, I worked or at least had substantive conversations with mathematicians, physicists, statisticians, astronomers, acoustics researchers, and many others. Various eople in 1127 had longer-term collaborations with essentially every other group in Murray Hill at one time or another. It was an environment of sharing progress, ideas, and advancements. Not everyone played with the rest, and we didn't do as much work with development was management asked, but that world was very special. I miss it every day. But to answer your question: Yes, there were many pranks by many pranksters, but the water tower was undoubtedly the most visible. -rob On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 6:32 AM Warren Toomey wrote: > On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 11:36:35AM -0400, Clem Cole wrote: > > https://spinroot.com/pico/watertower.jpg > > So there's a question. Obviously all the anecdotes I've heard about > Bell Labs have come from Unix people. But there were many others > working and researching there. > > How was the interaction between the Unix people and the non-Unix people > at the Labs? Especially when Unix became "big"? Did the non-Unix people > also pull pranks like the watertower? > > Cheers, Warren >