Dave had lots of spare cycles. He was almost all fun. He tied his shoelaces and his bow tie every day. -rob On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 7:02 AM Jon Steinhart wrote: > Ralph Corderoy writes: > > Hi, > > > > And if others are thinking Dave sounds familiar, like me, it's because > > he was co-developer of the CARDIAC. > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARDboard_Illustrative_Aid_to_Computation > > > > -- > > Cheers, Ralph. > > Dave was one of my favorite people in my group. He was the first person > that met who was absolutely brilliant in technology but couldn't spare any > cycles for things like tying his shoes. > > Another interesting thing that he designed was the keyboard that eventually > got hooked up to the music playing version of the digital filter setup that > Hal Alles and Jim Kaiser designed. It had a ribbon cable the length of the > keyboard that was fed by a binary pattern, and each key had an antenna that > moved across the cable when it was pressed making it possible to determine > how far a key was pressed down. > > Jon >