The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] DMD 5620 simulator
@ 2022-09-12 23:25 Seth Morabito
From: Seth Morabito @ 2022-09-12 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: TUHS main list

Hello all,

I've recently been improving the AT&T/Teletype DMD 5620 simulator I wrote a few years ago. It can now run either the 8;7;3 or 8;7;5 firmware. It also now supports executing a local shell or connecting directly to a physical or virtual tty device. It runs natively on Linux or macOS with X11 or Wayland, but I would love help creating a Windows version if you're a Windows programmer (I am an occasional Windows user, but I am not at all knowledgeable about Windows programming).

Full details are available here: https://loomcom.com/3b2/dmd5620_emulator.html

The source code is here: https://github.com/sethm/dmd_gtk

Many thanks go to my friend Sark (@crtdude on Twitter) for tracking down the 8;7;3 firmware and dumping it for me. I'd also like to thank Mike Haertel for helping find bugs, providing feedback, and inspiring me to get it working with Research Unix in addition to SVR3.

Feedback, bug reports, and pull requests are all welcome!

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA