Yes, but everyone adds the flag --alsologtostderr -rob On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 10:11 AM Larry McVoy wrote: > On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 09:56:16AM +1100, Rob Pike wrote: > > I will let others respond with specifics, but that was there in v5 at > least. > > > > One of the many shocks I had on arrival at Google was that in production, > > fd2 was pretty much standard output, as all the logging went there. And > > since our machines were still 32-bit CPUs then, it was common to overflow > > the offset because the logging output was, well, not parsimonious. It > felt > > like I'd entered bizarro world, until I realized that few anywhere really > > knew how Unix was supposed to be used. And they still don't, and never > will. > > Isn't there a logging API complete with the ability to centralize the logs? >