On Friday, June 7, 2024, Will Senn wrote: > Thanks for the tips, Ralph. I definitely learned the 6, but put 'em on a > card with searching. Here's my motion card, including the scrolling > commands, mark movement and a couple odd balls, to see how my mind works :) > : > > https://decuser.github.io/assets/img/vi/motions-notecard.jpg > > The best thing about vi/nvi/vim is that you do not need to know all the arcane commands for it to be usable. You can get along quite happily using just a small subset of them. The beauty of vi lies in the interface minimalism and ubiquity. It is still my favorite editor after all these years and still using it on Linux/*BSD/MS-DOS/AmigaOS. --Andy