Maybe it’s just you, but it’s just me too. On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 3:57 PM Larry McVoy wrote: > On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 07:25:13PM -0700, Adam Thornton wrote: > > Yeah, I'm less angry at GNU now--I didn't search as hard, but when I > found > > out 4.3BSD didn't have HISTORY (and neither does 2.11BSD, which is still > > actively-ish maintained) then I figured it wasn't something classical > that > > GNU dropped, just never imported. I feel like it existed on SunOS and > > Solaris but I might be wrong about that? Was it really FreeBSD that > > introduced it? > > I don't think SunOS had it. The SunOS man pages were pretty terse, the > powers that be wanted just the facts. I remember get beat up for putting > examples in some of the man pages I wrote, they got taken out "because > examples are for user guides, man pages are not user guides, they are a > reference guide" or something like that. > > I like examples in man pages, I think it jump starts you into using the > program more easily but maybe that's just me. > -- > --- > Larry McVoy Retired to fishing > http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/boat >