Mike is an old friend ... I will send him a copy of "Bringing a Chainsaw" and ask ... I don't think he was in Yorktown at the time but I probably told him about the work while it was happening. ===== nygeek.net mindthegapdialogs.com/home On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 11:56 AM Adam Sampson wrote: > John Cowan writes: > > > Some editions of the Jargon File contain an entry for _branch to > > Fishkill_, defined as "Any unexpected jump in a program that produces > > catastrophic or just plain weird results" and attributed to IBM. > > Mike Cowlishaw's IBM Jargon and General Computing Dictionary, Tenth > Edition was probably the source for > this -- it includes both "branch to Fishkill" and "branch to Owego" with > exactly this definition. > > -- > Adam Sampson >