Interesting. I never heard “branch to Fishkill” until today. On Sat, Dec 10, 2022 at 1:54 AM John Cowan wrote: > > > On Fri, Dec 9, 2022 at 4:50 PM Marc Donner wrote: > > (Recently I mentioned to Doug McIlroy that I had infiltrated IBM East >> Fishkill, reputedly one of the largest semiconductor fabs in the world, >> with UNIX back in the 1980s. He suggested that I write it up and share it >> here, so here it is.) >> > > Some editions of the Jargon File contain an entry for _branch to > Fishkill_, defined as "Any unexpected jump in a program that produces > catastrophic or just plain weird results" and attributed to IBM. Are you > familiar with this term? Did it have a specific reference within IBM? > > In any case, this is a great story! > -- ===== nygeek.net mindthegapdialogs.com/home