The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Alan Glasser <alanglasser@gmail.com>
To: segaloco <segaloco@protonmail.com>
Cc: The Eunuchs Hysterical Society <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Did UNIX Ever Touch SPC-SWAP, EPL, or EPLX (1A Languages)?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2024 18:28:27 -0400	[thread overview]

Matt,

First, sorry for the delayed response.

In around 1994 through late 1996 I worked on the FlashPort project in Bell
Labs.
A significant project that we completed was FlashPort'ing the 4ESS SWAP
assembler from TSS/360 to Solaris.
My memory is that the 4E team wanted to get off of TSS and onto Unix.

Alan

https://techmonitor.ai/technology/emulator_house_echo_logic_folded_back_into_att