The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
From: Lancia Greggori <lanciagreggori@gmail.com>
To: martymcgowan@alum.mit.edu
Cc: Pete Wright <tuhs@tuhs.org>
Subject: [TUHS] Re: Warren wins Usenix award for TUHS
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 20:23:39 +0330	[thread overview]

I have been a passive observer ( except for one message ) since I joined
the TUHS mailing list around 2 months ago.
I kept silent because I wasn't part of the wonderful history of UNIX and
did not have anything to contribute to discussions.
I felt like I had to break my silence for this one occasion since I felt
incredibly indebted to Sir Warren Toomey and every other person here at
TUHS.
I had my passion for UNIX history before TUHS and was thrilled when I
discovered that a whole society existed for preserving and discussing UNIX
history.
I spent many hours reading the mailing list discussions, both present and
past ones at the archive.
I also acquired a PDF of the book "Life With UNIX" ( much appreciation to
their authors: Don Libes & Sandy Ressler ) from the UNIX archives and have
been reading and enjoying it much ever since, the book opened my eyes as to
what the climate around UNIX was in the 1980's.
I have been learning a lot of valuable historical information that I would
not have been able to get without TUHS.
So a very special thanks from the bottom of my heart to Sir Warren Toomey
and every other person who has made all of this possible, have a great day.