But Sir I can't find the ALMOST ANY Key on my keyboard. Please help me locate it 🙏 On Tue, Aug 8, 2023, 4:00 PM ron minnich wrote: > "you might have mail" -- nice. > > Kind of like the Plan 9 > "Press almost any key to reboot..." > > This was from the late Jim McKie, who realized that the PC keyboard > had a few keys that would not count as a keypress. > > jmk once claimed to me, with a smile on his face, that Ken said the > message was pedantic :-) > > On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 12:44 PM Ron Natalie wrote: > > > > My favorite MOTD is: > > > > You might have mail. > > > > I told one of my student operators that if he put that in there before > > the morning was out, someone would be in my office to tell me they got > > the message but they didn’t have any mail. > > I wasn’t expecting it to be one of my senior programmers. Well, it > > only said you MIGHT have mail. > > > > Somewhere there was a post circulating around with humorous MOTDs. > > That was on it, I believe. > > >