A misunderstanding, I know all that. It's just that I expected to see a INSTCTRL file or instctrl directory with such file.That's what I'd consider normal in DU 4.0 and Tru64 5.0 onwards. I have that OSF/1 archive on 1.0 and 2.0 a few years already.(found somewhere) but till now didn't look at it. I've got a DS20E with DU 4.0g. When I get a change I might install some parts. Take care, uncle rubl On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 at 19:15, Arrigo Triulzi wrote: > On 16 Mar 2023, at 10:25, Rudi Blom wrote: > > BTW what format do the OSC... 200 archives have so I can 'unpack' them > easily? > > You install them using setld, as in: > > setld -l OSC… > > (you can have multiple sets in one setld command) > > To see what is installed: > > setld -i > > I assume you don’t need a license for it, otherwise you would have a > so-called PAK file and you’d load it with: > > lmf register < pakfile > lmf load OSF… > > the “pakfile” could be (and was, in academia) a huge list of licenses > which you’d load in one go. > > Arrigo > > -- The more I learn the better I understand I know nothing.