The Unix Heritage Society mailing list
* [TUHS] Any oldtimers remember anything about the KS11 on the 11/20?
@ 2019-06-23  2:37 Rudi Blom
From: Rudi Blom @ 2019-06-23  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tuhs

Probably already known, but to be sure

Interesting options: MX11 - Memory Extension Option: this enabled the
usage of 128 KW memory (18-bit addressing range); KS11: this option
provided hardware memory protection, which the plain /20 lacked. Both
options were developed by the Digital CSS (Computer Special Systems).
http://hampage.hu/pdp-11/1120.html

PS the page listed below has a very nice picture of the 'two fathers
of UNIX" working on a PDP-11/20
http://hampage.hu/unix/unix1.html

* Re: [TUHS] Any oldtimers remember anything about the KS11 on the 11/20?
@ 2019-06-23 12:16 ` Ron Natalie
From: Ron Natalie @ 2019-06-23 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rudi Blom; +Cc: tuhs

We always referred to CSS as the DEC kludge department.

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2019-06-23 22:01 Noel Chiappa
From: Noel Chiappa @ 2019-06-23 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rudi.j.blom, tuhs; +Cc: jnc

    > From: Rudi Blom

    > Probably already known, but to be sure Interesting options: MX11 -
    > Memory Extension Option: this enabled the usage of 128 KW memory (18-bit
    > addressing range)

Actually, I didn't know of that; something else to track down. Wrong list
for that, though.

    Noel