On Sun, Feb 6, 2022 at 12:27 PM Jon Steinhart wrote: > I probably have the quote completely wrong, > but Dan Healy, sound man for The Grateful Dead an inventor of much of > modern concert hall sound technology said something like "Bozos are > fine people and fun to be around but that doesn't mean that I would > let one near my soundboard with a pair of diagonal pliers." > I personally like having the choices. I don't want to be bothered with malloc/free when I'm hacking together an awk or python script. On the other hand, when it has to run fast or do lots of TPS inside a kernel, I really don't want somebody else deciding when a good time to take a 'hiccup' in performance is... It all depends on what I'm doing since using techniques from the latter to optimize the former is a waste of time. The whole reason I do a GC'd language is to write what I'm writing faster with less hassle... Some days I'm Dan Healy, some days I'm waving diagonal pliers around... :) Warner