On Wed, Jul 31, 2019, 12:09 PM Toby Thain wrote: > On 2019-07-31 5:59 a.m., Stephan Han. wrote: > > Hello Unix enthusiasts. > > > > I'd like to know who or the group of people behind implementing this > > filesystem permission system. > > Since we are using this system for nearly 40 years and it addresses all > > the aspects of the permission matter without any hustle. > > It may not address "all aspects" since it has been necessary for some > purposes to extend the permission model substantially over time, such as > ACLs, SELinux, etc. > He did say they solved the problem without hassle. All those other things introduced hassle. :) There is also all the various capacity frameworks to self limit what you are allowed to do as any easy to administer exploits... Warner --Toby > > > > I'm inspired to know who/how came up with this theory? > > Also if it derived from somewhere else or If there's an origin story > > about this, it would be worth to share. > > > > Cheers. > > Stephan > > > > -- > > No When > >